USAID CIVIC ENGAGEMENT PROJECT REQUEST FOR CONCEPT PAPERS FOR YOUTH ENGAGEMENT SUPPORT GRANTS
Youth Engagement Support (YES) Grants
The USAID Civic Engagement Project in Macedonia invites youth civil society organizations (CSO)
in Macedonia and non-registered youth groups
to submit Concept Papers for Youth Engagement Support
The Civic Engagement Project (CEP) is a five year USAID-funded program that contributes to achieve two objectives: (1) strengthened influence of CSOs on policies and programs related to priority issues of citizen
concern; and (2) increased and sustained youth engagement in public life in Macedonia. The YES grants will be managed by the Association for Democratic Initiatives (ADI).
The aim of YES grants is to support initiatives by youth CSOs and non-registered youth groups that focus on:
- educating young men and women about their rights and the opportunities for participating in public life;
- engaging youth in using existing mechanisms for youth participation (youth CSOs and groups, Youth and CSO Support Centers, municipal Youth Councils, municipal Youth Policies, etc.) and online accountability portals to constructively engage with public institutions at the central and local government level regarding issues of priority concern for youth or the community at large, and
- providing opportunities for youth to give back to communities and society, and focus on priority political, economic, cultural or social issues that might impact their lives.
The Project plans to award up to 4 (four) grants
resulting from this RfCP. The maximum grant award for each proposal is 15,000 USD
, and for projects that may last up to 12 (twelve) months.
The Project will give priority to applications that:
- propose creative solutions to the identified problems and to engaging youth;
- include innovative uses of technology in engaging youth, such as, through SMS surveys or internet-based activities; and/or
- include components that increase commitment from youths and other citizens, such as, volunteering;
- ensure substantial engagement of women, girls, youth, ethnic or religious minorities, the LGBT community, or other vulnerable/marginalized groups.
To download the full Request for Concept Papers, the Concept Application Form, and the Budget Template for YES Grants, please go to www.adimacedonia.org
or write to Ms. Lindita Bexheti, at email@example.com
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING CONCEPT PAPERS: 16:30, JANUARY 25, 2017
USAID’s Civic Engagement Project is implemented by East West Management Institute (EWMI), in partnership with four local CSOs: the Foundation for Internet and Society Metamorphosis, the Association for Democratic
Initiatives (ADI), the Foundation for Open Society in Macedonia (FOSM), and the National Youth Council of Macedonia (NYCM).